Wednesday, June 20, 2007

24-hour Kid Free

Back in Nov., we enjoyed an 8-day cruise without kids. It was very nice. By the time I got home, I was ready to see them. June 8-9, Kyle and I spent the night away in Branson (24-hour kid free) for our 10-year anniversary. I love my kids, but we sure needed and deserved a night away. Our neighbors stayed the night with them and they did just fine. We don't have very many date nights, so we made this one count. We went out to eat and then back to the room to relax. Litterally, we relaxed and did nothing. We didn't plan anything else b/c I just wanted to "exist". And the thing we did, we watched TV and saw the Paris Hilton saga. Now that's laziness and losing some brain cells. I think Kyle was asleep by 10 or so , b/c I heard him snoring and his body was jerking. I stayed up and watched a little more TV and went to bed. The next morning, we got up for a yummy breakfast and went shopping at the outlets. We bought a few things! It was a nice 24-hours without kids. Everyone should treat themselves to something like that occasionally.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Amen sister! I understand exactly what you're saying. As much as we love our children, a break (even if it's just for a few hours) is necessary. Being away rejuvenates us to where we are better parents.

Rachel said...

I am so glad you and Kyle had a good time and were able to relax. Jeremy and I were able to get away last week for a few days on our own! It was wonderful! I totally agree--everyone should take time to spend with their spouse away from the kids!